Thank you for your interest in the Golden State Workers’ Compensation – Single African American Mother’s Scholarship.
The deadline for applying for our current scholarship program is April 15th, 2023.
Due to lack of applications, we are extending the application process to August 15th and awarding scholarships on September 1st.
Golden State Workers Compensation is an African American minority owned law firm. Attorney Ryan Davis believes in having a strong connection to the community and Golden State Workers’ Compensation is committed to helping the next generation of single African American women achieve their dreams.
Ryan Davis and his entire team are all strong supporters of higher education and believe students should be able to follow their dream career paths. This is why Attorney Ryan Davis and everyone at Golden State Workers Compensation is proud to offer a scholarship award to a deserving current African American single parent student pursuing their dream through higher education.
Keep reading to learn more about this exciting and rewarding opportunity!
This $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to one qualified student who is currently attending or are planning to attend community college, university or graduate school.
How to qualify?
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled or accepted to a university/college/community college for the current school year.
- Must be in good academic standing with your current educational institution.
- You have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Must be a single African American mother.
- Attach a recent copy of your tax return with all personal information (for the exception of your name) blacked out showing you are filing as single with 1 or more dependents. Upload tax document with your essay.
- If your institution has a policy that scholarship funds be sent to them directly you will not be awarded a check in your name.
How to apply?
Steps to apply for the Scholarship Program:
- Write an essay of 600+ words on the topic below
- You must submit your essay using the form below before 5:00pm on April 15th, 2023.
- Essays must be submitted in PDF format.
- Make sure your essay is unique and creative.
- The winners will be announced on May 1st, 2023 and will be notified by phone and email.
Scholarship Essay Prompt:
How will higher education increase the quality of life for you and your child(ren)?
Scholarship Amount: $2,000
How will applications be reviewed?
Our staff will review each application submitted and list the winner on this page after the deadline date.
All fields are required
Disclaimer for Scholarship:
- We will not share your personal information to any 3rd party.
- We will never ask for sensitive data such as bank details or credit card number.
- There is no cost to participate in the scholarship program.
- The Scholarship award must be used exclusively on tuition, housing, or supplies related to schooling.
- For any additional information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Scholarship Winner
JahTashia Hill is a current student at Berkeley City College. She is extrenely motivated and well deserving.
“I am greatly honored to be in acceptance of the scholarship that you guys have awarded me, to support my continuing journey of academics. While I am currently preparing myself for undergraduate studies, I will be sure to remain determined in studies, as I work to establish myself and household within a stable career. Thank you for the dedicated work that you guys and staff are doing amongst your firm to support students and families alike myself…”