What to do if you have been injured on the job?
Injuries and accidents are typical with any workplace and if you have been injured in Pacific Beach you may want to seek help from a qualified and aggressive workers compensation lawyer in Pacific Beach. It’s a good thing that the initial consultation is free, as statistics demonstrate that some industries that are located in Pacific Beach are especially prone to work related illnesses and injuries. Fortunately however, California established what’s known as “Workers’ Compensation” back in the turn of the 20th century. In a nutshell, this program was designed to provide employees with a financial backup net that they can fall back on, in the event that they sustain an injury or illness while in the midst of working, which is payed for by their employer, via workers’ compensation insurance.
Experienced Workers Compensation Attorney in Pacific Beach
After You Sustain An Illness Or Injury On The Job:
1) Report Said Illness/Injury To Your Employer: Ensure that you notify your supervisor as soon as possible. In the event that illness or injury gradually developed – such as hearing loss or tendinitis, report it as soon as you become aware that it was caused by your work-related activities. By reporting said illness/injury promptly, it can help to prevent the occurrence of problems as well as delays in regards to receiving benefits which include medical care you may require to avoid making your injury/illness progressively worse.
2) Seek Medical Treatment: If it’s an emergency, call 911 and go to the emergency room. When you do this, tell the health care provider that said injury or illness is work-related.
3) Fill Out And Return What’s Known As A Claims Form: By law, your employer must provide you with a claim form that you will have to fill out to receive workers’ compensation benefits. However, to ensure that the form is accurately completed, engage the services of a workers compensation lawyer Pacific Beach to assist you.
Workers Compensation Claims
What If My Claim Is Accepted?
If your claim is accepted, you will be able to receive 5 primary benefits:
- Supplemental Job Displacement Benefits – This benefit entails various vouchers that can be used to pay for skill enhancement or retraining purposes in the event that you do not return to said employer as a result of said injury/illness and if you are unable to recover completely.
- Medical Expenses – Your employer will be required to cover all medical expenses that are associated with your illness or injury.
- Death Benefits – If you pass away from your illness or injuries, your dependents will receive $250,000.
- Temporary Disability Benefits – If you lose wages as a direct result of your illness/injury, you will be compensated for those lost wages.
- Permanent Disability Benefits – If you do not recover completely, you will receive financial compensation for life.
What If My Claim Is Delayed?
If your claim is delayed, the length of time you have to wait to receive said benefits, will be significantly longer, ranging from weeks to months. This is why it’s advised that you consult a workers compensation lawyer Pacific Beach prior to filling out your claim.
What If My Claim Is Denied?
If your claim is denied, you will receive what’s known as a denial letter which will outline the reason(s) why the claims administrator denied your claim. However, if you are denied a claim you can appeal the decision. This is definitely the opportune time for you to hire a workers compensation attorney Pacific Beach to address and correct the issues that prevented you from having your claim accepted.
Do I Really Need A Workers Compensation Attorney in Pacific Beach?
Generally speaking, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t consider the possibility of hiring a workers compensation lawyer Pacific Beach. While you may not feel the consequences that are associated with having your claim delayed or even worse, denied at first glance. When you look at the fact that you are only going to receive $10,000 in medical care until they accept your claim. Ad to this the fact that a typical visit to a specialist can range from $400 – $800 per session, as well as the fact that it can cost as much as $2,000 per night to go to the hospital for an injury. You can see, $10,000 in medical expenses is meager at best and depending on the type of injury or illness you have, this will be used up in a matter of 2-3 weeks tops, if the injury is not severe.
And depending on the severity of your injury, you need to consider the circumstances as to how exactly, will you be able to take care of your expenses such as your rent, utilities as well as your family needs like clothing, food and school supplies. The point being is this. The the unnecessary stress your body endures being unable to work can negatively affect the speed of which you can recover. Also take into consideration that the amount of stress you are dealign with also affects your body’s ability to recover completely.
Contact a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Pacific Beach Now
A workers compensation lawyer Pacific Beach can prove to be especially useful when it comes to gaining peace of mind based on the fact that a competent professional will be tackling all the stress that’s involved with securing benefits, so that you can focus on what’s more important, your recovery process. Don’t waste anytime and contact a skilled Workers Compensation Lawyer Pacific Beach today for a free initial consultation, 619.415.0097