Workers Compensation Lawyer Clairemont
What To Do If You Have Been Injured On The Job In The State Of California? Hiring a Workers Compensation Lawyer Clairemont can help you optimize your medical and financial benefits you can receive under the state of California’s worker’s compensation system. Work comp benefits are formulated to provide you with financial compensation as well as medical treatment, if you need time to recover from an illness or injury than occurred while you were on the job. In addition to that, the work comp system is also setup up to provide you with financial compensation to partially replace any wages that you may have lost or will loose while you are in the midst of recovering. One important factor to take into account is that the claim should be filed as soon as possible. However, please be aware of the fact that the benefits do not entail compensation for suffering and pain, or any other punitive damage.
What To Do If You Sustain An Illness/Injury While You’re On The Job In Clairemon
The first and foremost thing you need to do is to contact 911 or go straight to the emergency room if the injury is an emergency. Once you arrive at said hospital be sure that you tell the medical staff that your illness or injury is work-related. Even if you do not need emergency treatment, make sure that you see a doctor when possible.
1) Notify Your Employer: Regardless if you choose to go to the emergency room, or if it’s not necessary, notify your employer about said injury/illness as soon as possible. In the event that your illness or injury gradually develops, as soon as you become aware of the fact that it may be job-related, notify your employer. By reporting your circumstances promptly, it can help to avoid delays and other problems when it comes to receiving benefits which include medical care. If you fail to report said injury within 30 days, you risk the possibility of loosing your entitled right to gain workers’ compensation benefits.
2) File A Claim: Once you notify your employer about your injury following the applicable procedure, they will provide you with a claim form that you will need to fill out. When you’re in the midst of completing this form, make sure to complete the “employee” section only and give your employer the form as soon as possible. Additionally, do not forget to date and sign your claim form as well as to keep a copy for your own personal record. When it comes to giving your claim to your employer, you can do it in person or by mail. If you choose to mail the form, use “Certified Mail” with the option of “Return Receipt Requested”. By doing this, the mail carrier will provide you with a record of the date of which the mail was sent and received. Please be advised that if you do not return the form in a timely manner, you run the risk of revoking your right to benefits.
Workers Compensation Claim Attorney in Clairemont
If your claim is accepted, you are entitled to 5 primary benefits which include:
- Death benefits – Periodic payments to the children, spouse and other dependents.
- Medical Care – Your employer will cover your medical expenses.
- Permanent Disability Benefits (PD) – Periodic payments if your injury never recovers completely.
- Supplemental Job Displacement Benefits (SJDB) – Vouchers than can be used for skill enhancement or retraining, if you fail to recover completely.
- Temporary Disability Benefits (TD) – Compensation for lost wages that occurred as a result of your injury.
If your claim has been denied, it simple means that the administer believes that your injury isn’t cover by California’s workers’ compensation guidelines. However, if you receive a denial letter, you can challenge the decision. However, please be advised that you need for file the necessary papers as soon as possible. When it comes to appealing a denied claim, you can represent yourself or hire a professional workers compensation attorney in Clairemont. However, while you may be able to represent yourself, due to the fact that you were initially denied, it’s highly recommended that you utilize a competent workers compensation attorney in Clairemont to assist you. Contact a qualified and aggressive Workers Compensation Lawyer in Clairemont today and get your case back on track.
In some instances the claim process may be delayed due to the fact that there was an error in the records you provided such as conflicted reports with the injury your reported and your medical records. In most cases however, they will delay a claim until they conduct a thorough investigation. This is especially true when it comes to reporting claims late. This is why it’s strongly recommended that you have a workers compensation lawyer in Clairemont assist you with the entire process before you even consider filing a claim. Do not delay call now and get your case back on track by hiring Workers Compensation Lawyer in Clairemont.
Stresses With Delayed Claims
It’s not uncommon for people who file a claim to experience a delay. However, this delay which can range from weeks to months can prove to be detrimental to your mental health, which in turn may require additional legal assistance. For instance, while you may be able to receive up to $10,000 in medical care temporarily, depending on the type of injury that you have sustained, this can be used up in a matter of days. This in itself will put you in the predicament where may be unable to receive the right kind of care that you need to expedite the recovery process such as additional rehabilitation programs outside the scope of the hospital itself. In addition to that, you will not be compensated for lost wages, until your claim is accepted which in itself can lead to chaos as far as struggling to maintain your utilities as well as your living arrangement goes.
Contact a Workers Compensation Lawyer in Clairemont now
Expedite The Process! A competent workers compensation lawyer in Clairemont can help to expedite the process as well as to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation that’s allowed by the law. They can work with you to ensure that there are no errors on the claim itself, as well as to provide legitimate documents that validate your claim which can help to get your claim accepted as soon as possible so that you can take care of your financial obligations, including your medical expenses, as well as to receive compensation for lost wages. Don’t delay. Call now to set up a free initial consultation with an experienced workers compensation lawyer in Clairemont today. 619.415.0097